Monday, December 12, 2011

Lesson # 2: It is the little things that Matter.

As a church goer, I have my own struggles with what kind of mother and woman I should be. Where do I fit in? I think that most of us go through similar issues, and I don't know that  I have an answer yet.
However, I was thinking of the lessons that the holidays have taught me. So lesson number 2 is as follows.

Despite the fact that I am not crafty, I do not have play dates, I work full time and go to school at night. I enjoy hanging with my husband more than girls night out. This can, at times, lead to a lonely existence as a mother.

As I started into the holiday season, I started to wonder how I can  be aware and help those around me. As I am not the mother that will make pre-made cookie jars, or wrap a ribbon around a candle with a holiday poem, but I am someone who cares about others. I do want to help and assist anywhere I can.

Lesson #2 Make consistent and deliberate attempts.

I learned that the effort of saying hello, smiling to someone new, letting others know I am there for them, stopping by to say hi, this is enough. As long as my intent is pure, my acts are deliberate and I consistently try, I can influence the lives of those around me for the better, even without a red ribbon and poem attached to the candle.

As I write this down, I want you all to know, how much I love and care for you. How much I appreciate your words. Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. Such important lessons.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I enjoy your comments Happy Holidays to you as well!

    ReplyDelete