Sunday, November 27, 2011

It was worth it!

In my last post I lamented about the Holiday season starting and everything I am dreading about it. Yes, sounds a little grinchy but I was not ready AT ALL. So, I am learning my lesson and have decided that with all of our flaws, spending time and making the effort to enjoy the holidays is worth it.

I just left my brothers house where we spent the Thanksgiving Holiday. There were 40 or so family members in a very large house, pictures, food, 4-wheeling, shopping, card games, wrestling, Just Dance and of course plenty of opinions and conversation. Although I wasn't in the frame of mind to enjoy the holidays, I am pleased to announce that I did just that.

So for this holiday season, I am going to post the lessons I have learned rather than the moments I abhor about the holidays. (I may include some of those things too, but we will try to stay on the positives)

So lesson #1 is GET OVER YOURSELF! If it is a friend or acquaintance, we all have quirks and less desirable personality traits. Who cares. Find the the traits in others that you can relate to or enjoy. The holiday season is about spending time with those you love and if you are finding you don't love anyone, you have a majorly sad problem.

This lesson may be for me to learn and everyone else may have it down, but I really doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment