Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where do we go from here? Thrown a fit lately?

Now as most of you working mothers know. It is all about the scheduling. But, I guess my question is, do you have to schedule doing nothing? For instance get home at 6, dinner at 7, spend time with kids, 8:30 put kids in bed, 9-10 zone out and do nothing.
I guess that is how that would work.

Do you schedule your scheduling time or just let it happen when it happens. Working away from home it is hard to just let things happen, because, frankly if they aren't on the schedule, they never do.

Another exciting topic I have for today is, I am crazy.

Yes, not exaggerating.
My husband works out of town. He gets home around 10 PM on Friday nights and leaves again on Sunday night around 8:30. That is Dad's time with the fam. Unfortunately, I work on Saturdays, so Dads time with the fam is minus Mom for half of the time.
So, recently I have told hubby that he cannot make it harder on me when he is home. For example, I am very, very tired at the end of the week. If he comes home and turns the house into a war zone over the weekend, especially while I am at work and then he leaves on Sunday night, well Monday is hell for me. And then, self absorbed me, is mad at him for creating more work by coming home.
So, this last weekend, he was home, played with the kids, did a load of laundry, then on Monday when I finally made it up to the laundry room and kids rooms, there it was. A complete war zone in every room and huge separated stacks of laundry, out of the hampers, on the floor. Dad was sorting them and never got back to washing them.
I was insane, kids couldn't have dinner until rooms were done, I cursed my hubby under my breath and left him a message that he couldn't return home this weekend. I know, stupid, a full blown fit. I threw a fit.

Nevertheless I did call him on my lunch hour today and told him that it would be OK for him to return home and that I was done throwing my fit. Luckily he laughed at me and told me it was OK.

I am starting a habit of one fit a week and wonder if there is anyone out there with me. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment