Monday, January 17, 2011

Day off!!!

Now, I am sure that there are many working moms that get the day off, get everything done, and catch up on their week.
I, however am not one of those moms. I do have dreams of washing my blinds, mopping my floors and getting caught up, but reality is somewhat different.

I am today, my one day off, while the children are in school, blogging, watching "The Tudors" reruns and getting familiar with the social networks.  Frankly some times it is all about me.

So at work my very smart, young and sometimes ill managed boss, doesn' t allow access to blogs, twitter, facebook, or personal email. So, my day off has been controlled by the internet.

Reporting from last week: At the end of last week I was off to my 9 yr old's Geography Bee. He did great! Although I was only allowed to see rounds 1-3 ( I was on my lunch break ). He was beaming. When I got home later that night however, he was over it. He wanted no praise and frankly at this point I was interrupting his evening. OK....well there goes my attempt at mothering.

No comments:

Post a Comment