Thursday, January 27, 2011

Break down.

So it seems like I am having a weekly breakdown. Frankly, I probably am, soon maybe I will start writing about cooking or a funny childhood story but today is not that day, today is a breakdown day.
So, I decide to have a half humorous, half serious talk with my boss today. I was talking with him about how through my self deprication and need to please everyone in the office, how I end up doing 2 or 3 sets of work, so each and everyone I work with is comfortable and never feel put out or offended, instead of just saying, this is how it should go, get over it.
He proceeds to tell me that I can't be the mom of  the dealership, not everyone is going to love me and doing three sets of work is asinine. He was right. However, when you are a mother, that cares even a bit, when do you stop being a mother? Even to those you work with. My position at works does slightly take on a motherly role making sure those around are doing as they need to be, oh wait, is that motherly role or manager role? Obviously I have a hard time separating the two.
I guess I should be flattered that those around me think I am smart and capable enough to handle extra work or new projects, but also I don't really want a hand in everything.
My boss is the logical argument and I am the emotional argument. So what do I do to prove my point? Start to cry. I know embarrassing. I am and have always been a crier. Don't know how to stop, wish I could.
I even have a good friend that calls me the town crier. Ridiculous I know.
So tomorrow is a new day, no mothering. No emotions, requiring everyone around me to carry their own wait. Mom time is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment