Friday, April 15, 2011

Falling into the abyss. Dreading the next day.

I have been looking at relocating my family. But, applying for jobs 100's of miles away is seeming to be quite the task. So at work, although I get all my work done efficiently and effectively, I am sidetracked by wanting desperately to go somewhere else. I have spent 25 of my 34 years in my small town. I moved away when I graduated and as I got married have since returned. So, I am at that point that enough is enough. Need a change, time to move on, etc.
I enjoy those that I work with. I enjoy staying busy. However lately, I haven't stayed busy making each day longer and longer. To make it worse the slow times leave me space in my mind to dream of some far off land that I want to whisk my family away to.
I hate dreading going to work. I usually don't, but as I have mentioned, I am ready to move on. So as it gets harder to get out of bed in the morning, drive up to the dealership, I take a deep breath and walk into work with a smile on my face.
Today was no different, but with that smile also came a bout of laughter. Because not only am I starting to dread work, I walk in with a pretend smile, and then hear it. You know that awesome background music that I have blogged about in the past. There it is, "All, by myself, I don't wanna be all by myself, anymore."
This made me laugh. The only image that popped into my mind was a picture of "Bridget Jones Diary", with Renee Zellweger laying on her couch, boozing it up and singing, poorly I might add, at the top of her lungs.
I have to be grateful for the little things that get me through that door and still smiling at the end of the day. Even if it is a ridiculously sapping song that in lesser times would make me want to slit my wrists.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you need a change of scenery. FYI - I HATE that song!!

    ReplyDelete