Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Boob fell.. enough said.

Because my husband has been in town for two weeks and doing the mothering, I have not had as much stress resulting in less and less stories about my children and my insane working life.With this new evolution, it is time I bring my friends experiences into my blog. (Maybe I should just apologize now )

I got a call from a friend the other day. The call went like this:
Her: "Hey, my boob fell."
Me: "What, your boob fell? Like down by your belly button fell or just a little droopy."
Her: " Like by my bell button fell. You have to come over and see it."

Now I will stop right now to say my friend was a survivor of breast cancer and had a mastectomy on her left side. Had reconstructive surgery and has an implant, in her left  breast.

So, I run over to her house, she explains to me that in the previous night ( she sleeps with her left arm above her head ) she rolled over and an excruciating pain woke her.
The next morning she gets up and her implant has moved down the front of her and looks more like a shoulder pad laying just beneath the skin. She went onto say that it doesn't hurt and she was going to wait for her insurance to roll over before going into the surgeon. Yes, I know that makes no sense. She needs to see her doctor, but for just one minute I was grateful to be the friend she could call and we could laugh at her breast falling towards her belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment